The Indianapolis branch of the Party for Socialism and Liberation fights against the exploitation, oppression, violence, and bigotry that are part and parcel of the capitalist system. If you’ve been involved in any struggle in Indianapolis over the last several years, or even attended a socialist study group, protest, teach in, workshop, or any progressive event, you’ve seen PSL Indianapolis there leading, helping or supporting it. We are a party of action. But action alone isn’t enough to build a revolution. We also study and learn revolutionary history and theory to constantly reflect on, revise, improve, and experiment our actions, tactics, and strategies. Only by integrating these closely can we build a force capable of not just resisting, but overthrowing exploitation and oppression. Read or listen to our Party Program to learn more about our politics.
PSL Indianapolis is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff. We are entirely funded by our members and supporters. Help us continue and expand the people’s struggle in by making a donation of any size today!
Latest news and updates from PSL Indianapolis
- Building a real left: Not one that condemns resistance and is without Palestinians
- Panel and discussion: The evolution of U.S. prisons
- The U.S. is the most incarcerated country on the planet, but why?
- The community denied meeting with Hogsett over alarming increase in police killing citizens
- Myths and facts: U.S. empire and the struggle for Palestinian liberation
Additional PSL resources
Beyond our local website, the PSL maintains numerous print, audio, and video publications for new and veteran fighters alike, such as:
- Liberation News, our regular news outlet providing national and international coverage from the people’s perspective
- Liberation School, our educational site with print and audio articles, study guides, and courses about socialism and liberation
- Breaking the Chains, our one-of-a-kind feminist, socialist magazine, deeply connected to the everyday experiences of working women from generations past to today
- The Socialist Program, a regular podcast discussing news and views about the world for those who want to change it!
Stay Updated on the Struggle and Get Involved!
About the Party for Socialism and Liberation
The Party for Socialism and Liberation believes that the only solution to the deepening crisis of capitalism is the socialist transformation of society. Driven by an insatiable appetite for ever greater profits regardless of social cost, capitalism is on a collision course with the people of the world and the planet itself. Imperialist war; deepening unemployment and poverty; deteriorating health care, housing and education; racism; discrimination and violence based on gender and sexual orientation; environmental destruction—all are inevitable products of the capitalist system itself.
For the great majority of people in the world, including tens of millions of workers in the United States, conditions of life and work are worsening. There is no prospect that this situation can or will be turned around under the existing system.
The idea that the capitalists’ grip on society and their increasingly repressive state can be abolished through any means other than a revolutionary overturn is an illusion. Equally unrealistic are reformist hopes for a “kinder, gentler” capitalism, or solutions based on economic decentralization or small group autonomy. Meeting the needs of the more than 6.5 billion people who inhabit the planet today is impossible without large-scale agriculture and industry and economic planning.
The fundamental problems confronting humanity today flow from the reality that most of the world’s productive wealth—the product of socialized labor and nature—is privately owned and controlled by a tiny minority. This minority decides what will be produced and what will not. Its decisions are based on making profits rather than meeting human needs.
There are really only two choices for humanity today—an increasingly destructive capitalism, or socialism.